About Smart Russell Square
Smart Russell Square is perfect if you are looking for a hostel with common kitchen facilities and common areas to socialize with other guests. Security (key card locked rooms) and privacy (curtains and panels around beds) are priorities at this London hostel. There is no curfew and no lock out which is good if you want to party the night away.
Smart Russell Square is a budget hostel in central London, situated just off Oxford Street. Perfect for newcomers to London, the Wi-Fi friendly hostel is in a great location to discover the West End and meet fellow travellers.
|Check-in||from 14:00 to 0:00|
|Room lockout||No lockout|
All beds are surrounded by individual curtains as well as panels ensuring that your stay is private and comfortable. Rooms are key card locked; lockers and safes are available within the room and use the same locking system. Reception is open 24 hours to help you with any questions or problems that you may have. Maintenance checks are performed weekly.
Location and surroundings
Transport links to/from Smart Russell Square Hostel are fantastic: it is 4 minutes walking from Russell Square tube station (Northern line) which is directly linked to both Heathrow Airport and Kings Cross St. Pancras for the Eurostar Train. 24 hour buses run next to the hostel any time of the day or night.
Services and facilities
Smart Russell Square Hostel offers free Wi-Fi. Guests can use self-service laundry and dryer facilities. Common spaces include a TV common room and guest kitchen facilities. You can buy Fast Track tickets to all of the major London attractions such as Madame Tussauds and the London Eye directly from the reception desk. Beat the long lines at these famous attractions by buying these tickets in advance!
|Breakfast||2.00 GBP per guest, per night|
Reviews (7.3 Very good)
Great place to stay if you are going to London for a night out and can't afford a hotel. I was at my work xmas party in a hotel around the corner and some people paid £300 for a room there. A great hostel but turn down the heating! it was like a sauna
i didn't like the fact that i paid to stay in a 6 bedroom and the staff put us in a 10 beds, showers were in the basement and my room in the 3rd floor, the room was too warm and there was only a little window.. at least it was clean
Good location, just around the corner from a tube station. Cheap and cheerful, great showers, small rooms.
I enjoy staying at the old Georgian building which is Smart Russell Square. Its proximity to the British Museum is ideal. Other hostellers there are usually pleasant. The Staff try to please.
nice place,nice people,handsome holyday
Important to know
|Animals policy||Animals NOT accepted|
|Children policy||Children NOT accepted|
|Private rooms age restriction||No restrictions|
|Dorms age restriction||from 16 years to 45 years|
|Smoking policy||All rooms and the common areas are non smoking|
|Wheelchair access||No wheelchair access|
Terms and conditions
|Cancellation policy||Free cancellation at least 24 hours before arrival date, first night of stay fee for late cancellation or no show|
|Special conditions||Stay Conditions
· Guest are required to show a valid photo ID (passport, drivers’ license etc.) upon check-in to the hostel. We do not accept the following as valid forms of ID including Industry ID cards, company security cards, travel cards, debit or credit, or student ID.
· All our hostels use ‘Bunk Bed’ which may be inconvenient for the physically challenged and older guests who have low mobility. If a lower Bunk is required due to disability, we require advance notice of at least 7 days to ensure a bed can be reserved.
· The hostel operates a 14-night maximum stay policy, after which returning guests are free to rebook after a 6-week period.
· Rooms are to be kept in a clean and tidy state. Medium sized locker will be provider inside the room for no additional cost.
We recommend a maximum of 1 travel backpack and 1 Standard Luggage; if a guest’s luggage is overly sized, you will be asked to move it to a separate luggage room at a cost of £1.00 per night.
· Age Policy: Guests between 16 and 45 years of age are free to place bookings in our shared dormitories. Guests aged 15 or younger and above 45 years of age are unable to use the shared dorms and must book in a private dorm or room.
Check-in and Check-out
· Rooms/Dorms are available to check-in from 14:00 on the day of arrival; however, if arriving earlier you are welcome to drop of luggage in the morning of your arrival at the hostel where it will be store until your return to check-in.
· Check-out is before 10:00am on the day of departure. Luggage storage is available after checkout up until midnight; there is an additional charge of £3.00 per item for this service.
· In case of No-Show, the hostel will cancel the booking after 04:00 am the following day unless the hostel is contacted beforehand. If you arrive a day late without informing the hostel, we will try and find you a bed, but this may not be in the same room type booked and may incur extra charges.
· Penalty charge or expulsion from the hostel may result from the following activities:
Lost Key Card: You will be required to pay a replacement charge of £5.00 for each key card lost during your stay, please keep it on your person always.
Anti-social Behavior: The hostels have a zero tolerance to in-house fighting or harassment with guests being asked to leave once a compliment has been received and verified by staff.
Poor Hygiene: Guests with low standards will be asked to improve the situation, after which guests will be asked to leave the property if no improvement have been made.
Breaking Hostel In-house Rules
Flexible Rate/Smart Rate
·The first night of your booking will be charged from 11:00am the day before arrival via the credit/debit card you have provided on booking. Please note if the charge is declined you will be notified via email to provide a new valid card, if no update is received the booking will be cancelled at 11:00 AM on the day of arrival.
·The remaining nights will be payable on arrival to the hostel either with Card or Cash payment.
· Changes requested with 24 hours of the date of check-in will be treated as cancellations (see “Cancellations” below).
· Changes to confirmed reservations (e.g., changes in dates or changes in number of guests or nights) are subject to availability of a suitable alternative and are subject to any additional costs incurred in making the changes to accommodate your request.
2. Non - Refundable/Smart Non-refundable Rate
· The total cost of the booking will be charge to your payment method at the time of booking.
· If cancelled, Modified or in case of No-show the total price of the reservation will be charged.
· Bookings made under the Non-Refundable rate are not refundable under any circumstances.
· All cancellation requests must be received in writing in the form of an email.
· We require a full 24 hours’ notice to cancel a booking. The 24 hours are counted backward from 12 Noon on the date of arrival.
Fees and Payments
· We accept all Cash payment in Great British Pound (GBP) only.
· We do not accept Maestro or American Express bank cards; we accept all other Credit and Debit cards.
Lost and found Policy.
· Any items found inside the property will be kept during a maximum of 7 days after the check-out date, after that it will be immediately disposed unless you have contacted the property beforehand and arranged an appropriate collection date.
When booking individual beds, we will always attemped to allocate grouped beds together in the same dorm. However, on particularly busy days this may not always be possible. If needed please contact your hostel to confirm your rooming.false
|Accepted Payments||The property accepts the following credit card brands for balance payments: Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, Debit Cards|
|Pre authorization||The property reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival|